Binance signed with the Confederation of African Football (CAF), as an official sponsor of the 2021 TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament in Cameroon.
This sponsorship deal means that Binance is the exclusive cryptocurrency & blockchain platform for the AFCON 2021 tournament.
Binance, a block chain ecosystem and cryptocurrency exchange is the official partner of the Assist of the day, Binance assist of the week and Binance Assist of the Tournament.
These will be promoted across CAF’s social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and across all six venues in five cities in Cameroon.
- 9 January: Cameroon 2-1 Burkina Faso
- 9 January: Ethiopia 0-1 Cape Verde
- 13 January: Cameroon Vs Ethiopia
- 13 January: Cape Verde Vs Burkina Faso
- 17 January: Cape Verde Vs Cameroon
- 17 January: Burkina Faso Vs Ethiopia
- 10 January: Senegal 1-0 Zimbabwe
- 10 January: Guinea 1-0 Malawi
- 14 January: Senegal Vs Guinea
- 14 January: Malawi Vs Zimbabwe
- 18 January: Malawi Vs Senegal
- 18 January: Zimbabwe Vs Guinea
- 10 January: Morocco 1-0 Ghana
- 10 January: Comoros 0-1 Gabon
- 14 January: Morocco Vs Comoros
- 14 January: Gabon Vs Ghana
- 18 January: Gabon Vs Morocco
- 18 January: Ghana Vs Comoros
- 11 January: Nigeria 1-0 Egypt
- 11 January: Sudan Vs Guinea-Bissau
- 15 January: Nigeria Vs Sudan
- 15 January: Guinea-Bissau Vs Egypt
- 19 January: Guinea-Bissau Vs Nigeria
- 19 January: Egypt Vs Sudan
- 11 January: Algeria 0-0 Sierra Leone
- 11 January: Equatorial Guinea Vs Ivory Coast
- 15 January: Ivory Coast Vs Sierra Leone
- 15 January: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea
- 19 January: Ivory Coast Vs Algeria
- 19 January: Sierra Leone Vs Equatorial Guinea
- 12 January: Tunisia Vs Mali
- 12 January: Mauritania Vs Gambia
- 16 January: Gambia Vs Mali
- 16 January: Tunisia Vs Mauritania
- 20 January: Gambia Vs Tunisia
- 20 January: Mali Vs Mauritania
Round of 16:
- 23 January: Runner-up Group A vs Runner-up Group C (1)
- 23 January: Winner Group D vs 3rd Group B/E/F (2)
- 24 January: Runner-up Group B vs Runner-up Group F (5)
- 24 January: Winner Group A vs 3rd Group C/D/E (6)
- 25 January: Winner Group B vs 3rd Group A/C/D (3)
- 25 January: Winner Group C vs 3rd Group A/B/F (8)
- 26 January: Winner Group E vs Runner-up Group D (7)
- 26 January: Winner Group F vs Runner-up Group E (4)
- 29 January: Winners Rof16 1 vs 2 (QF1)
- 29 January: Winners Rof16 5 vs 6 (QF3)
- 30 January: Winners of Rof16 3 vs 4 (QF2)
- 30 January: Winners of Rof16 7 vs 8 (QF4)
- 2 February: Winners of QF 1 vs 2
- 3 February: Winners of QF 3 vs 4
Third-place play-off & Final: 6 February
I am delighted to welcome Binance as an official sponsor of the AFCON tournament this year. Through this partnership with CAF, Binance will connect further with its users and the African community through football. CAF is ready to embrace blockchain-based technology and its impact on the future of African football development. I am certain that together with Binance, we can take African football to a new level.
Veron Mosengo-Omba, CAF’s General Secretary.
With a population of 1.2 billion Africans and the prevalence of blockchain technology & its use cases, we believe the African continent could lead the future of the blockchain industry. We will continue to put in our efforts in pushing the mainstream adoption of crypto, so that more people can understand crypto, and understand Binance.
Yi He, co-founder and CMO – Binance.
Football is the most popular sport in Africa, one that unites the entire continent and as the leading blockchain ecosystem, we are proud to be an official sponsor of the AFCON tournament. This corroborates our mission to take crypto mainstream across the continent.
Emmanuel Babalola, Binance Director for Africa