Close Menu
Entebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Entebbe NewsEntebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Reviews
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Gossip
    • Relationships
    • Advertise
    Entebbe News
    Home»News»Uganda calls for calm after confirmation of local Ebola cases
    News

    Uganda calls for calm after confirmation of local Ebola cases

    Entebbe NewsBy Entebbe NewsMay 24, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram LinkedIn Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Email Telegram


    KAMPALA, UGANDA | Xinhua | Uganda’s Ministry of Health on Saturday urged the public to remain calm after the East African country confirmed three new Ebola cases, including its first two local transmission cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to five since the index case was reported on May 15.

    In a statement issued here, the ministry said two of the newly confirmed cases resulted from local transmission — a driver and a health worker who had contact with the index case, a Congolese national who died at a hospital in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, after entering the country while infected with Ebola.

    free unlimited internet installation uganda by black knight africa

    The ministry said the second and fifth confirmed cases were also nationals of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

    “The Ministry of Health urges all members of the public to remain calm, vigilant and continue to observe all recommended preventive measures,” the statement said, adding that early treatment significantly improves the chances of survival.

    According to the ministry, efforts are underway to promote surveillance, case management, contact tracing and public awareness to contain the outbreak and safeguard public health.

    All contacts linked to the confirmed cases have been identified and are being closely monitored and followed up by response teams, the ministry said.

    Earlier this week, Uganda announced a series of preventive measures to curb the possible spread of the disease, including suspending flights to and from the DRC, halting cross-border public transport services and closing border markets.

    Senior officials from the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Africa, together with WHO representatives from the DRC, South Sudan and Uganda, met in Kampala with the incident management team to strengthen cross-border coordination on the Ebola response and reinforce regional solidarity.

    Kasonde Mwinga, WHO representative in Uganda, told foreign envoys in Kampala that Uganda’s resilience, experience and people-centered approach remain key strengths in containing the outbreak.

    “Together, with urgency, alignment and solidarity, we can contain the outbreak, prevent further spread, and safeguard health security across the region and beyond. Now is the time to act swiftly, collectively and decisively,” she said. ■

    Share on:

    WhatsApp

    The post Uganda calls for calm after confirmation of local Ebola cases appeared first on 1:.

    Digital Marketing Agency - Host256
    Digital Marketing Agency - Host256
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn
    Entebbe News
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Related Posts

    NRM endorse Oboth-Oboth and Tayebwa to lead 12th Parliament

    May 24, 2026

    Uganda’s sickle cell breakthrough

    May 24, 2026

    Four battle for NRM Speakership flag, 16 line up for Deputy

    May 24, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    Entebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram WhatsApp
    © 2026 Entebbe News.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.