Close Menu
Entebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Entebbe NewsEntebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Reviews
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Gossip
    • Relationships
    • Advertise
    Entebbe News
    Home»World»Maldives to ban Israelis from entering country amid war in Gaza
    World

    Maldives to ban Israelis from entering country amid war in Gaza

    Entebbe NewsBy Entebbe NewsJune 2, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram LinkedIn Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Email Telegram

    The Maldives has announced it will ban Israeli passport holders from entering the country amid its war on Hamas in Gaza.

    The presidential office of the Indian Ocean island nation, known for its luxurious resorts and endless white sand beaches, made the announcement in a press release Sunday.

    Maldivian President Dr Mohamed Muizzu resolved to impose the ban following a recommendation from the cabinet, the release said.

    The country’s laws will be amended, and a cabinet subcommittee will be established to oversee the efforts, the president’s office said.

    free unlimited internet installation uganda by black knight africa

    Following news of the ban, the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommended Israelis avoid travel to the island and “for Israeli citizens staying in the country, it is recommended to consider leaving, since if they fall into distress for any reason, it will be difficult for us to help.

    The president announced he is appointing a special envoy to assess Palestinian needs and is setting up a fundraiser to “assist our brothers and sisters in Palestine” with UNRWA, the release said.

    Muizzu will also conduct a nationwide rally under the slogan “Falastheenaa Eku Dhivehin,” which translates to “Maldivians in Solidarity with Palestine.”

    The news comes just a few days after the president condemned an Israeli airstrike attack on a displaced camp in Rafah, which killed at least 45 Palestinians and injured more than 200.

    “Together with the government and people of Maldives, I call for an immediate ceasefire, an end to violence and unhindered humanitarian access,” the president posted on X last week

    Digital Marketing Agency - Host256
    Digital Marketing Agency - Host256
    Dr Mohamed Muizzu Gaza Hamas Israel Maldives Passport
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn
    Entebbe News
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Related Posts

    Netanyahu Hails Uganda as Gen. Muhoozi Unveils Yoni Netanyahu Monument at Entebbe

    August 2, 2026

    Kuwait Bans Domestic Worker Recruitment from Uganda and 26 Other Nations

    June 10, 2026

    Ugandans Among Dozens of African Nationals Expelled from Cambodia

    May 28, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    Entebbe News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram WhatsApp
    © 2026 Entebbe News.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.