A 70 year old woman identified as Joyce Matama, a resident of Kigungu ward Entebbe Municipality narrowly kissed death after fire burnt down her small house on Monday. According to one of her daughters who spoke on condition of anonymity revealed that Matama woke up early at 6am and had travelled to Grade B Hospital to check on a sick relative who had been hospitalized for several months and was to be taken to the village for more attention when the fire burnt down her house at around 7am destroying all her household items including cups, plates, mattress and clothes. An eyewitness revealed that neigbours tried to put down the fire with sand but they were overpowered. The cause of the fire couldn’t be readily established. The old woman denied using candles and kerosene lanterns and instead said that she only uses rechargeable torches. By the time police arrived it was too late and couldn’t save the situation. The old woman is now being housed by her eldest son and resident in Kigungu.
A highly placed source revealed that tycoon Fabrice Rulinda has offered to build for the old woman a small two roomed house in the next few days.